All Corsair XMS modules come with either 'Black' or 'Platinum' aluminium heat spreaders. Like other competiting products, Corsair fixes the heat spreader to the memory chips with thermal tape and a simple metal clip is used to keep it in place.
The modules also come with a nice Corsair hologram sticker, with details like the memory module model, memory speed and timings on it. Very handy!
As you can see, the heat spreader clip is a single-piece design with two hooks.
Memory Kit Features
- Two CMX256A-3200LL memory modules
- 512MB of memory
- Dual channel testing environment
- NVIDIA nForce2-based test setup
- Tested and packaged in pairs
- Modules tested together in Asus A7N8X-based test setup
- Packaged together immediately following system test
- Benchmarked using both nForce2 and Intel "Granite Bay" chipsets
- Lifetime warranty