Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Details
Microsoft aims to release Service Pack 2 for Windows Server® 2008 (SP2 for WS08) for use with Windows® Small Business Server 2008 (SBS 08), Windows® Essential Business Server 2008 (EBS 08) and Windows Server for Windows Essential Server Solutions (WinWess 08).
There are different release plans for each product so please read the following information carefully. We will update this article as and when we receive further updates, so be sure to check back often!
Small Business Server 2008
Microsoft will release a new integrated release of Small Business Server 2008 (SBS 08 refresh). This release will contain the following :
- Service Pack 2 for Windows Server 2008 (integrated into SBS 08).
- Removal of Windows Live™ OneCare™ for Server 120 Day trial due to end of sales of Windows Live OneCare for Server.
- A small number of critical updates (Microsoft Update "MU Opt-in Fix").
- One feature update - a migration set up change to improve the customer experience on a server migration.
The refresh will not include the following :
- Microsoft® Exchange Server Rollups, Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 Service Packs (SPs), etc.
- Any SBS Update Rollups. These are limited, small, and available on Microsoft Update.
- Additional new features. This is not "Small Business Server 2008 R2".
There will be no Standalone Supplement of the refresh, only an integrated release. The SBS 08 refresh will be the only way that OEMs can redistribute SP2 for WS08.
Microsoft is planning to release to manufacturing the Small Business Server 2008 refresh on July 1, 2009.
Support Tech ARP!