The IOSS RD2 Pro PC Geiger PCI Bus Multifunction Analyzer
I think most of you have probably not heard of this company called IOSS (Information One Stop Service). IOSS International is a Taiwanese company specializing in unique tools for the PC. Via a joint venture company (VICS Technology) with Vertex Link of Japan, they have created several rather unique products. Their small product line-up caters more to the small enthusiast market rather than the general PC market. But they do have some really interesting products that may attract any PC user's attention, like the RD1 BIOS Savior for example.
Today, we are going to take a look at one of their unique PC tools - the IOSS RD2 Pro PC Geiger PCI Bus Multifunction Analyzer.
The RD2 Pro PC Geiger provides a more accurate assessment of the PCI bus, compared to software like SiSoft Sandra. Software have a tendency to provide inaccurate information because they do not detect the actual details of the PCI bus but rather, rely on the information hard coded into the software. This is especially true for parameters like PCI bus speeds and utilization. Software can never provide an accurate gauge of such parameters.
Here's a list of the RD2 Pro's features :-
- Monitors PCI Bus clock speed and its activity status on your system.
- Bus clock frequency in x1, x2, x3 and x4 modes
- Bus utilization in percentage
- Bus data amount transferred in MB/sec or KB/sec
- Port 80H, BIOS self-diagnostic information
- Independent hardware solution performs even with malfunctioned host CPU
- Large LED for clear view
- The hairline-furnished aluminum panel and stylish hexagonal head screws are used to decorate your PC
- Equipped with 3 extra switches and 1 LED
- Front accessible ports
- Can be connected to both 3rd and 4th USB connectors on motherboard
- Can be connected to 1394 connector onboard or on add-on card
The PC Geiger actually consists of a multi purpose bay which slots into an empty 5 1/4" bay; and a PCI card which retrieves information from the PCI bus. The PC Geiger is a full hardware solution. No software or driver is required for it to work. Let's take a closer look at it!